Friday, November 8, 2013

Heart to Heart: A Free Folded Heart Pattern


I have a gift for you! 
An original Folded Heart Pattern
by me (The Farmer's Daughter)
I call it 'Heart to Heart'
 
Several years ago, I was making lots of the folded star potholders and selling them at craft shows. . . .I was also piecing quilts as a hobby--sometimes for sale. . . .So, one day I decided to 'marry' the two. . . .The result was the Heart to Heart pattern. . . .It's a combination of folded circles, folded hearts, and applique.
 
I had to make several attempts to perfect the technique and draft the pattern. . . .In the end, it was worth it. . . .Quilt World Magazine got wind of it and featured Heart to Heart in their publication. . . .Needless-to-say, I was thrilled.
 
I've never posted the pattern online. . . .In fact, I sold them in the past. . . .But, I thought it was time I share with my crafty friends.
 
Just enlarge the pattern to any size you like (I used a 5" circle as my base) and print it out. . . .Follow the instructions from there. . . .
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoy it!
 
. . .Heart to Heart. . .
by