Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rag Rug Frame Assembly Tip


 
A Note from Mary Zarick:
 
"Mar 26 at 3:59 PM
I received the loom and have finished my first project.
One word of advice for those of you who think the screw holes are too small. Try rubbing the threads of the screws over a bar of soap before inserting them into the holes. The soap makes the screws slippery and they glide right in."
 
I thought I'd pass on this great tip for the loom assembly and also note that it is necessary to make the screw holes small so that once assembled the loom won't get out of square. John does put together every loom he sends out, to be sure the holes are correct. I do realize it's hard for some of us, which is why Mary's tip is SUPER! I'll be the first to use it!
 
Thanks so much, Mary!
 
Your Rug looks beautiful!