Monday, December 2, 2013

A New Look: Rag Rug and Wool Applique Combined


I've combined two of my favorite crafts--Rag Rugs and Wool Applique! . . .And, I LOVE the look.

The Rag Rug is woven primarily with blue jean strips. . . .The Mom and Chicks Applique is stitched on a felted wool background. . . .Then I used Wonder Under fusible tape to attach the two together. . . .So easy. . . .and so dramatic. . . .Don't you think?

This one won't make it to the floor. . . .It's going on the center of the table. . . .

I plan to add felted wool hearts and other appliques to several of my Rag Rugs to give as gifts. . . .It's amazing how this simple technique adds so much more to the rugs. . . .Maybe an option you can incorporate into your creations. . . .


Just adorable. . . .if I do say so myself. . . .
 
 
PLEASE NOTE:
Our Old Country Store will close for the Holidays
on December 16, 2013. . . .We'll re-open January 1, 2013.
No orders will be shipped after December 16.